The Synod (Executive Council of Bishops) of Believers Eastern Church convened from 2 January 2020 to 4 January 2020 at the Synod Secretariat of Believers Eastern Church in Kerala, India.
HH Moran Mor Athanasius Yohan I, Metropolitan presided over the meeting, which included seven archbishops of Believers Eastern Church.
During the meeting, the Synod
1. Formed a year-long plan of action for the entire church, including North America, Africa and Asia.
2. Decided to declare the year 2020 as the year of fasting, meditation and caring for the poor and needy.
3. Was informed of opportunities for the church to begin work in Africa.
4. Reaffirmed the church’s commitment to continue praying for those in authority around the world. Believers Eastern Church strongly believes that all those who are in authority are appointed by the living God and it is the responsibility of every Christian to pray for them. (Romans 13:1).
5. Decided to install Gracey Kochamma as the ‘Mother Superior’ of the Order of Sisters of Compassion.
During the meeting, the Metropolitan also expressed concern over the growing tensions between the United Nations and Iran and calls upon the church to pray for peace.
Get More Information